Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ, Scion FR-S Forum and Enthusiasts Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
Discuss OpenFlash Tuning Tech: Tales from the Dyno (Stock, Ecutek and OpenFlash tunes) at the Tuning and Performance within the Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ, Scion FR-S Forum and Enthusiasts Community; Originally Posted by steve99 yes wano car is A01I auto and he has uel header ...
    Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OpenFlash Tuning Tech: Tales from the Dyno (Stock, Ecutek and OpenFlash tunes)

Quote Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
    yes wano car is A01I auto and he has uel header and he had bpb, now removed their is a A01I tune for 98 petrol uel header with bpb
    Thanks very much, will download the files from the post you gave me.

Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OpenFlash Tuning Tech: Tales from the Dyno (Stock, Ecutek and OpenFlash tunes)

Have been playing with the Openflash stage 2 UEL tune and Wayno Stage 2 bpb tune.

I find the original Openflash Stage 2 UEL tune a little better, more power in the lower RPM range with less drone at the 2k - 3k range. Driving at 100km you can really tell the difference.

My question is, if the main problem is Aus fuel quality can you not just add octane booster to help and improve this?

Stroller
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys!

just got my UEL tomei headers but i am definetly looking for the OFT tune as ive been eyeing it for a while now

Is anyone willing to sell them? im currently looking for one.

Please PM me at [email protected]

Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try an add in the wanted to buy section, someone may have one but I wouldn't count on it.
    I have the Tomei pipe and highly recommend OFT, shame about current conversion rate but still worth it to buy new.

Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Luu View Post
    hey guys!

just got my UEL tomei headers but i am definetly looking for the OFT tune as ive been eyeing it for a while now

Is anyone willing to sell them? im currently looking for one.

Please PM me at [email protected]
    unfortunatly with the crap exchange rate oft are quite dear to buy now, and very few second hand ones become available and thier not much cheaper than buying a new one.

if you in brisbane you could get a tune from coyote tuning for about $300, you cannot swap change and log like oft tunes but most people dont do that anyway.

or buy a tactrix adapter do a fair bit of reading and learning and flash the tune yourself.

also try the facebook buy sel groups for brz 86

Stroller
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
    unfortunatly with the crap exchange rate oft are quite dear to buy now, and very few second hand ones become available and thier not much cheaper than buying a new one.

if you in brisbane you could get a tune from coyote tuning for about $300, you cannot swap change and log like oft tunes but most people dont do that anyway.

or buy a tactrix adapter do a fair bit of reading and learning and flash the tune yourself.

also try the facebook buy sel groups for brz 86
    Really apprechiate the reply! actaully living in melb, yeh i think the best thing is to just wait till our aussie dollar goes strong again :/
    just really digging the OFT as its like an unlocked tune, plus the live data log sheet
    Last edited by Henry Luu; 29-08-15 at 09:02 PM.

Stroller
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter64 View Post
    Thanks again Steve, yes I have the ZA1JD00G rom

So they will need to update the tablet? that might take a while..
    Bit of a shame not to be able to see it in real time, I don't mind the maths but that sounds like a bit of effort.

I couldn't get open flash manager to run on my mac and had to do it at work on pc, so I haven't tried romraider yet either.
    It's a time factor thing, I need to get it running at home and familiarise myself with it more..

ah well, all in good time

I realise that this is an old post, but thought I would add some details in here to help anyone avoid the joy I just experienced buying an OFT for my 86 with a D00G rom and finding out that logging is effectively compromised at this point in time.

I bought the OFT primarily as a diagnostic/logging tool - so finding out that the D00G wasn't yet fully supported was a bit of a let down.

As the logger definitions haven't been fully defined you will definitely not see MAF voltage, Knock Correction, IAM. There are also some other fields that have occasional suspect values (e.g. Engine Load).

Good news - I emailed [email protected] and he confirmed that the definitions are expected to be updated in the next release (a few weeks away). The release will also likely have something else that will make many of us happy.

Apologies if this has been duplicated somewhere else, but I had a hard time getting any specific information on this so will be putting a few phrases below that will pop up in search etc. so that others might be aware.

OFT not showing IAM
    No FBKC on OFT
    Logging not working on OFT

Cheers
    ysu likes this.

Stroller
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

Apologies for bumping an old thread but figured it was better to post here than starting a new thread to ask a question related to the OFT. I'm considering getting the newer 2.0 version to use on my 2017 86, for those who have used it would you recommend it? Is it worth the $$$ it will cost me? Has it caused you any problems? Any additional comments you have on it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly27 View Post
    Hi all,

Apologies for bumping an old thread but figured it was better to post here than starting a new thread to ask a question related to the OFT. I'm considering getting the newer 2.0 version to use on my 2017 86, for those who have used it would you recommend it? Is it worth the $$$ it will cost me? Has it caused you any problems? Any additional comments you have on it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    OFT2 is basicly same as oft 1 just bigger screen.
    both will read/flash 207 brz ecu, but check on tune availability for Australian 2017 cars