Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ, Scion FR-S Forum and Enthusiasts Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Discuss GT86.com.au COMPETITION: WIN an OFFICIAL Toyota 86 National Media Launch Kit at the Prizes and Competitions within the Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ, Scion FR-S Forum and Enthusiasts Community; Competition time! To one lucky forum member we are GIVING AWAY this great and RARE ...
    Mysterious
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GT86.com.au COMPETITION: WIN an OFFICIAL Toyota 86 National Media Launch Kit

Competition time!

To one lucky forum member we are GIVING AWAY this great and RARE item, sure to be a COLLECTABLE in no time as part of our first official gt86.com.au forum competition.

GT86ComAuCompetition1-86MediaKit-01.jpgGT86ComAuCompetition1-86MediaKit-02.jpgGT86ComAuCompetition1-86MediaKit-03.jpg

It is an OFFICIAL Toyota 86 Australian National Media Launch Kit given to us by Toyota Australia at the event last June (see photographs).
    What you will get (included as part of the kit):

• 62 page booklet (colour / double sided) topics covering Overview, Performance, Styling Packaging, Body, Safety comfort, Utility and Specifications;
    • CD with images/videos from the event;
    • 2x Toyota USB sticks with images/videos from the event.

To win you must:

• Tell us in 86 words or less (minimum 30): Why did you choose to purchase a Toyota 86?

Rules:

• Only One entry per person.
    • You must be a registered forum member with at least 5 posts to your name to enter. (if you have less, ensure you have over 5 by the 20th August)
    • No Mods/Admins or other official bodies can participate (Toyota / Subaru / Scion Dealers)
    • Your answer and only your answer must be replied to this thread. ALL OTHER POSTS WILL BE DELETED.
    • Be as creative as possible, or be honest. Up to you.
    • Do not post abusive content / Use common sense.
    • We post the item to AUSTRALIA only.

Competition closes 20th August 2012.

Winner to be chosen by a panel of gt86.com.au moderators/admins after 20th of August. Good luck!

Last edited by 86; 30-07-12 at 08:08 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 86 For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (30-07-12),gt86 (30-07-12),gt86yo (12-08-12),RZ86 (30-07-12)

Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why i did choose to purchase a Toyota 86 is because this is one unique sports car with boxter engine on a toyota. Toyota and Subaru has partner together to produce this unique car and is one badass sportscar up to date.

Fanatic
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t even know about the Toyota 86 until two weeks prior to the official release date. The time for me to change cars was near and I was desperately looking around for a car that would tick most of the boxes. After owning two Honda Civic Sports I was keen to try something new.

Then I saw the 86 in a newspaper article and my draw dropped so hard it nearly dislocated! It was a pure work of art at a price I could afford.

Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I chose to purchase an 86 way back when information leaked about toyota's concept of a new rwd sports car, soon after released as the ft-86, i bought GT-5 prologue, and GT-5 purely because it had the ft-86 concept in the game, early report said it would be an affordable car, as the prototype progresses to production model the pics got better and the info got more interesting, and once i drove for real it was like a dream come true, the gt86 my dream car.
    Without Progress your Standing Still,
    Velocity Orange GT spec Manual, work XD9 rims, more mods to come

Trusted seller's.......GAN-MAN, WTF,

Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided to purchase the 86 because I'm never going to give it up, I'm never going to let it down and I'm most definitely not going to run around and desert it.
    Storm Black Manual GTS 86 + Aero Package
    Due
    Nov/Dec 2012
    Jan/Feb 2013

Nov/Dec 2012

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (30-07-12)

Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 86 for me represents the first fun sports car since the “glory days” of Japanese cars (think Supra/Skyline/Sylvia.)

I was born that little bit too late and missed the boat on those cars when they were in the market and I didn’t see the point in paying excessive money for an aging dream.

So when the first 86 concept was released in 09 I knew straight away that I would own that car and now 3 years on I do.

Enthusiast
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toyota 86 fits me like a glove. This is exactly the kind of car I want. Simple, light weight, affordable sports car that is fun to drive and cheap to maintain. I love cars that I can enjoy driving on the street legally. I don't want lots of horse power but sweet handling is a must. I love the fact that it's a ground up design, focusing on producing the best sports car with affordable pricing as opposed to hotted up family sedan/hatch that are flooded on the market.
    rajeevraiseo likes this.

Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having followed this car since the concept, I always had my eye on it. The production model was just as beautiful and with the reviews on the driving as well as that price I just couldn't say no. To sum it up, it was three factors: Price, Beauty and a Pure Driving Experience.

Enthusiast
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reason why i bought a 86 is because it will be a drift pig yet its new and looks sexy, and it will be a car i will keep for a long time

Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a car with perfect blend of Handling, Power, Practicality and legendary Japanese reliability at a surprisingly affordable price point! And you can't take your eyes off this thing easily! That's why I bought an 86!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast